I lost my ID, will I still be able to go through security?

  • You’ll need to check with your airline to find out what forms of identification they require.
  • For the TSA checkpoint, if you do not have a valid government-issued ID, you will need to present at least two alternate forms of identification, such as a social security card, birth certificate, marriage license, or credit card. The documents must bear the name of the passenger. Additionally, one of the two documents must contain one of the following: date of birth, gender, address or photo. If TSA can confirm the passenger’s identity, they may enter the secured area, but could be subject to additional screening.
filed under: