• If you are traveling within the United States, a valid government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license, will be sufficient identification.
  • If you will be traveling outside of the United States, including Mexico, Canada, and U.S. Territories you will need a current passport.
  • If you do not have a valid government-issued ID, you will need to present at least two alternate forms of identification, such as a social security card, birth certificate, marriage license, or credit card. The documents must bear the name of the passenger. Additionally, one of the two documents must contain one of the following: date of birth, gender, address or photo. If TSA can confirm the passenger’s identity, they may enter the secured area, but could be subject to additional screening.
  • Minors (under 18) traveling domestically do not need to present ID at the security checkpoint; only a boarding pass is required.
  • Minors traveling internationally are required to have a passport.
  • For more information on identification, visit
filed under: