Travel tips from Asheville Regional Airport
Leverage the power of your smart phone!
We all have a very powerful assistant in the palm of our hands. Our cell phones can be used wisely in a number of ways when traveling.
- Before your trip, email an itinerary to yourself, including all addresses, phone numbers and directions.
- Take photos of your luggage and the tracking tag – just in case it gets lost.
- Download books, movies and music to enjoy while on your journey.
- Use it as a GPS to find your way around.
- It is your clock – automatically adjusting to any new time zones.
- Stay in touch with those at home – most cell phones work around the globe. You may have to do a little research about this ahead of time. Worst case scenario, use wifi and free texting or messaging apps.
- Your phone is your alarm clock.
- You can use it to access the internet while on your journey.
- It is your camera equipment – photos and videos. Did you know you can download video editing apps to make quick and easy vlogs about your trip?
- Do you need translation services? There are many apps for that!
- You can even send postcards right from your phone – there are fun apps for that, as well, that allow you to snap a picture, choose a postcard template, type a message, and mail to anyone with the touch of a button.
How do you use your smart phone when you travel? Contact us and let us know – we can update our tips list … probably from a phone.