News release from the Transportation Security Administration
SAVE THE DATE: TSA Pre✓® Mobile Enrollment Event
Asheville Regional Airport
61 Terminal Drive, Fletcher, NC 28732
March 25 - April 5, 2019 (closed Saturday & Sunday)
TSA Pre✓® is an expedited screening program that enables identified low-risk air travelers to enjoy a smart and efficient screening experience. For TSA Pre✓® travelers, there is no need to remove shoes, 3-1-1 liquids, laptops, light outerwear or belts. Today, TSA Pre✓® has more than 450 lanes at 200+ U.S. airports.
The TSA Pre✓® application program allows U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents need to directly apply for TSA Pre✓®. Once approved, travelers will receive a “Known Traveler Number”(which can be added to a travelers airline profile and reservations) and will have the opportunity to utilize TSA Pre✓® lanes at select security checkpoints when flying on over 50 carriers that currently participate in TSA Pre✓® .
To participate in this local enrollment event, follow these steps to pre-enroll
1. Click here to access the application page
2. Click “Start Application Now”, then click “New Enrollment ”
3. Fill out Steps and choose “Next” at the bottom of each screen
4. Type in your location at Zip code/City/Airport Code box – search
5. Choose location “Pop Up: using address from above” and click “Next”
6. Select your desired appointment time (Please be sure to make note of your appointment time, no reminders will be sent out)
NOTE: Appointments are limited and are available on a first come, first serve basis so register as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT! To complete the application process, you will need to bring documentation proving identity and citizenship status! If you have a valid U.S. passport, that is all you need for ID! You will finish the process onsite by providing your fingerprints for a background check.
The application fee is $85 and can be paid by credit card, money order, company check, or certified/cashier's check. Cash and personal checks are not accepted.