How long is the runway?
So glad you asked! It’s 8,001 feet in length and 150-feet wide.
Do you offer tours of the airport?
- Not at this time.
What is the altitude of the airport?
- The altitude is 2,165 feet above sea level.
Are you hiring?
How can I contact the airport?
- Visit our Contact Us section.
Do you have meeting rooms available for rent?
- Yes! We have a board room and a small conference room. Call 828-684-2226 for more information.
What are the operating hours for the airport?
- The airport remains open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
How do I get to the airport?
From Asheville — follow I-40 West to I-26 East. Take exit 40 and turn right from the exit ramp onto Airport Road. The main entrance to the airport will be on the right. From Hendersonville — follow I-26 West. Take exit 40 and turn left from the exit ramp onto Airport Road. The airport entrance will be on the right.
Why is the parking lot always so full?
- The number of passengers traveling through AVL has been at record highs in recent months, which means more people are parked in the lots. Also, many of our travelers are away for extended periods of time, and with overlapping travel schedules, the lots can become quite full. If you plan to park and fly, we recommended giving yourself a little extra time to find a spot.
What training, permits, permission do I need to fly my unmanned aircraft system (UAS) / drone?
Unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), or drones, are popular for recreational and commercial use (read our blog post to learn more about drones). However, there are rules associated with the use of drones, primarily to ensure the safety of the nation's air space. The Federal Aviation Administration has established rules associated with the operation of drones.
Additionally, the North Carolina Department of Transportation/Division of Aviation can help you understand the state's requirements.
Flying safely is the responsibility of every UAS operator. Thank you for educating yourself about federal and state requirements, and helping to keep our nation's airspace safe.