How much does parking cost?
Visit our parking page for parking rates and other useful information.
Does the Asheville Airport have a USO lounge?
Unfortunately, because we’re a smaller airport, we don’t currently have a USO (United Service Organization) in our terminal.
Can I park my RV in the airport parking lot while I travel?
- Yes, if space is available in one of the lots. Please contact Laz Parking at 828-209-2126 for more information.
Do you have computers for passenger use?
- No, but we do have free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. If you need something printed out, or information about the area, please visit our Guest Services Center in Baggage Claim.
Do you have power outlets in the gate areas?
- Yes! There are also power outlets available at the Recharge Stations (located throughout the terminal), at several café tables, benches, and in the Business Center located near Gates 1-3.
Does AVL have internet access?
- Yes! Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the terminal.
How do I connect to the free Wi-Fi?
On many devices, the connect screen may automatically pop-up when trying to use your device. On other devices, you may have to open your browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome, etc.) for the connect screen to appear.
- When the connect screen appears, complete the form and click the ACCEPT + CONNECT button to access the free Wi-Fi.
- Once you have clicked the ACCEPT + CONNECT button, you will be automatically connected to free Wi-Fi.
- If you entered a valid email address, you will immediately receive a confirmation email. Click the link we provide in your confirmation email, to access the Free Premium Wi-Fi — this gives you faster internet speed.
- NOTE: It is required to complete the ACCEPT + CONNECT form, before Free Wi-Fi is accessible.
NEED MORE HELP? See details, below.
Free Premium Wi-Fi access:
- You must provide a valid email address when filling out the form on the connect screen to receive access to the Free Premium Wi-Fi.
- You will you will immediately receive a confirmation email to the valid email address you provided.
- Click the confirmation link in the e-mail (you must fill out the connect form and click the link in your email on the device you are wanting to access Wi-Fi on). You may repeat this process for all of your devices.
- A note for our frequent travelers: Once you have clicked the confirmation link in your email, that specific device will have access to the Free Premium Wi-Fi for 3 months.
Do you have an information center at the airport?
We sure do! We call it our Guest Services Center.
Is there a USPS mailbox at AVL?
- Yes, in the main lobby area of the terminal, near the entrance to the TSA security screening line.
Can I purchase postage at AVL?
- Yes, at our Guest Services Center.
Is there an ATM at AVL?
- Yes, in the main lobby area near the security checkpoint.
Where can I purchase a newspaper?
- Newspapers are sold post-security at Blue Ridge Trading + Tavern.
Where are the designated smoking areas?
- AVL is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited in all public areas, including restaurants and bars. Designated outdoor smoking areas are clearly marked outside the terminal.
Can I escort a minor traveling alone or another person requiring assistance to their gate?
- Most airlines will provide a gate pass for a friend or family member to accompany a traveler with medical, parental, or other specific, verifiable need to do so. Check with your airline for more information.
What kind of ground transportation is available?
- Taxi cabs, limousines, car services, hotel shuttles, ride app services and bus lines all provide transportation to and from AVL. The ground transportation pick up lot is located next to the terminal near baggage claim. See the Ground Transportation page for more information. Rental cars are also available. Contact Guest Services for more information.
Where do I pick up arriving passengers?
- Baggage Claim, at the far (South) end of the terminal, is the designated area for picking up arriving passengers. You may park in any of the available parking options to meet your passenger. Please visit the Parking Page to view a map and rate information.
Please note that vehicles may not be left unattended curbside, or they may be ticketed and/or towed.
Can you page my party in the airport?
Yes, contact Guest Services for paging assistance.
Are there any hotels near the airport?
- Yes, contact Guest Services for more information.
Where can I file a complaint?
- We would like to hear your questions, compliments, and complaints regarding your travels through AVL. You may send those comments to email@example.com. If you prefer, you may mail your comment to:
Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority
Attn: Public Relations, 61 Terminal Drive, Suite 1
Fletcher, NC 28732
Do you have a lost and found department?
- Yes. If you believe you left something in the airport terminal, contact Lost and Found at 828-209-3660 as soon as possible. Most items are kept for 90 days before being donated to local charities. There are some exceptions, such as perishable items (which are discarded), monetary items, personal identification and medications (which are kept for different amounts of time, and follow-up action varies).
- For items left on airplanes, please contact your airline. These items will not be located in the airport's Lost and Found.
What happens if a flight is diverted to Asheville or if there is a tarmac delay?
Flight diversions to Asheville or tarmac delays do happen occasionally, and we are more than happy to assist travelers whose flights have been re-routed to AVL, whatever the cause. Our Guest Services Center can help answer questions for diverted passengers, and we even have an Aircraft Diversions Emergency Contingency/Tarmac Delay Plan for those who would like to view all the details of how we are equipped to handle such situations.
What are the operating hours of the restaurants at AVL?
- Blue Ridge Trading + Tavern: opens at 4:30 a.m.
The restaurant closes after the last scheduled departure of the day.