How much does parking cost?
Visit our parking page for parking rates and other useful information.
How do I connect to the free Wi-Fi?
On many devices, the sign-up screen may automatically pop-up when trying to access the Wi-Fi. On other devices, you may have to open your browser (e.g. Safari, Chrome, etc.) for the sign-up screen to appear.
- When the sign-up screen appears, it will automatically show the sign-up steps for the Free Premium Wi-Fi access. To see the Free Basic Wi-Fi sign-up steps, toggle over at the top of the screen.
- Complete the form/steps for either option to access the free Wi-Fi:
NEED MORE HELP? See details, below.
For Free Premium Wi-Fi access:
- Open a browser window, if sign up screen does not automatically pop-up on your device.
- Complete the form by entering your valid e-mail address, zip code, and answering the 3 questions — click NEXT.
- Read and Accept the User Agreement — click ACCEPT.
- Check your e-mail. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from AVL.
- Click the link in the confirmation e-mail to access the Free Premium Wi-Fi.
- NOTE: You must click the confirmation link in the e-mail on the device you are trying to access the Wi-Fi on. Then, that device will have access for 3 months, before having to sign-up again.
- NOTE: It is required to complete all the steps and form entries before the Free Premium Wi-Fi is accessible.
For Free Basic Wi-Fi access:
- Open a browser window, if sign-up screen does not automatically pop up on your device.
- Toggle over, at the top of the sign-up screen by pressing or sliding the green toggle under the FREE PREMIUM ACCESS page heading.
- The toggle will turn yellow and the Free Basic Wi-Fi sign-up page will appear.
- Enter your e-mail address (optional entry)
- Enter your zip-code (required)
- Read and Accept the User Agreement — click ACCEPT + CONNECT.
- NOTE: The device used at sign-up will have access for 24 hours, before having to sign-up again.
- NOTE: It is required to enter zip code and accept the User Agreement before the Free Basic Wi-Fi is accessible.
Does the Asheville Airport have a USO lounge?
Unfortunately, because we’re a smaller airport, we don’t currently have a USO (United Service Organization) in our terminal.
Can I park my RV in the airport parking lot while I travel?
- Yes, if space is available in one of the lots. Please contact Laz Parking at 828-209-2126 for more information.
Do you have computers for passenger use?
- No, but we do have free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal. If you need something printed out, or information about the area, please visit our Guest Services Center in Baggage Claim.
Do you have power outlets in the gate areas?
- Yes! There are also power outlets available at the Recharge Stations (located throughout the terminal), at several café tables, benches, and in the Business Center located near Gates 1-3.
Does AVL have internet access?
- Yes! Free Wi-Fi is available through the terminal.
Do you have an information center at the airport?
We sure do! We call it our Guest Services Center.
Is there a USPS mailbox at AVL?
- Yes, in the main lobby area of the terminal, near the entrance to the TSA security screening line.
Can I purchase postage at AVL?
- Yes, at our Guest Services Center, which opens at 8:30 a.m. daily.
Is there an ATM at AVL?
- Yes, in the main lobby area near the security checkpoint.
Where can I purchase a newspaper?
- Newspapers are sold in the gift shop in the main lobby area of the terminal, and at the post-security concession area.
Where are the designated smoking areas?
- AVL is a smoke-free facility. Smoking is prohibited in all public areas, including restaurants and bars. Designated outdoor smoking areas are clearly marked outside the terminal.
Can I escort a minor traveling alone or another person requiring assistance to their gate?
- Most airlines will provide a gate pass for a friend or family member to accompany a traveler with medical, parental, or other specific, verifiable need to do so. Check with your airline for more information.
What kind of ground transportation is available?
- Taxi cabs, limousines, car services, hotel shuttles, ride app services and bus lines all provide transportation to and from AVL. The ground transportation pick up lot is located next to the terminal near baggage claim. The ride app pick-up area is located next to the terminal near the ticket counters. See the Ground Transportation page for more information. Rental cars are also available. Contact Guest Services for more information.
Where do I pick up arriving passengers?
- Baggage Claim, at the far (South) end of the terminal, is the designated area for picking up arriving passengers. You may park in any of the parking options available and meet your passenger inside the terminal. Please visit the Parking Page to view a map and rate information. If you wish to remain inside your vehicle, we offer a free cell phone waiting lot just past the terminal, on the right (watch for the orange signs).
Please note that vehicles may not be left unattended curbside, or they may be ticketed and/or towed.
Can you page my party in the airport?
Yes, contact Guest Services for paging assistance.
Are there any hotels near the airport?
- Yes, contact Guest Services for more information.
Where can I file a complaint?
- We would like to hear your questions, compliments, and complaints regarding your travels through AVL. You may send those comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer, you may mail your comment to:
Greater Asheville Regional Airport Authority
Attn: Public Relations, 61 Terminal Drive, Suite 1
Fletcher, NC 28732
Do you have a lost and found department?
- Yes. If you believe you left something in the airport terminal, contact Lost and Found at 828-209-3660 as soon as possible. Most items are kept for 90 days before being donated to local charities. There are some exceptions, such as perishable items (which are discarded), monetary items, personal identification and medications (which are kept for different amounts of time, and follow-up action varies).
- For items left on airplanes, please contact your airline. These items will not be located in the airport's Lost and Found.
What happens if a flight is diverted to Asheville or if there is a tarmac delay?
Flight diversions to Asheville or tarmac delays do happen occasionally, and we are more than happy to assist travelers whose flights have been re-routed to AVL, whatever the cause. Our Guest Services Center can help answer questions for diverted passengers, and we even have an Aircraft Diversions Emergency Contingency/Tarmac Delay Plan for those who would like to view all the details of how we are equipped to handle such situations.
What are the operating hours of the restaurants at AVL?
- Blue Ridge Trading + Tavern: opens at 4:30 a.m.
- Cinnabon®: opens at 4:45 a.m.
- Auntie Anne's®: opens at 10:00 a.m.
NOTE: All restaurants close after the last scheduled departure of the day.